38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (NIV).
When you give, it shall be given unto you. Who shall give unto you? First, Awesome JEHOVAH Himself. This is why when you lend to the poor, you lend to GOD. And GOD will surely pay you back (Proverbs 19: 17). Second, people will give back to you. This is pretty obvious. If you give to me now when I need help, I will gladly assist you or give to you when you need help. How will you receive the reward for your kindness? A good measure of help or assistance we would receive when we need help. And you will receive a measure of good things that are more than enough. Because the help you would receive when you have the habit of giving generously will overflow or run over. If you give sparingly, you receive sparingly (2 Corinthians 9: 6). If you give generously, you receive generously (Proverbs 11: 24-26).
Thus, it is the same measure you use in giving people, people will use in giving you. For example, if you think giving one cup of rice to an hungry family is good enough, you won’t receive enough when you need help. If you think however, giving a bag of rice with some oil and meat is good enough for this hungry family, you would receive more than enough when you need help.
Here is a very good exposé on Luke 6: 38 by Andrew Wommack Ministries. There are four important points I want to emphasise in the article.
- The law of sowing and reaping applies in the physical and spiritual worlds/realms.
- The law works on positive or negative things that we sow.
- Good things we sow can be wiped away if we do not persist in doing good. Galatians 6:9 says that we should continue doing good we would reap our good reward if we do not give up.
- If we are late in our giving we would be late in our supply. If we give grudgingly, people would give to us grudgingly. The converse is true. If you always quickly rise up to occasion when someone needs help, and you give cheerfully, the same gesture would be reciprocated to you. If you always give your tithes and offerings late, do not expect GOD to quickly jump to action when you are in trouble! GOD treats you as important as you treat HIM in your life.
- When we pray for Divine Provision, we should believe that Awesome JEHOVAH JIREH has answered our prayers. However, we should also pray for the helper or person GOD will use to deliver our answers.
Copy and paste the link in your browser. GIVING is SO IMPORTANT : http://www.awmi.net/bible/luk_06_38