‘Cast your burden upon the LORD and HE shall sustain thee: HE shall never suffer the righteous to be moved (Psalm 55: 22 KJV).’
JESUS echoed this point when HE said ‘DO NOT WORRY’, because by worrying you cannot add another hour to your life or make things better (Matthew 6: 25-34).
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow, reap, or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (Matthew 6: 25-27 NIV)
Apostle Peter also admonishes us to cast our cares upon the LORD, because HE CARES (1 Peter 5: 7).
You cannot make things better yourself. You have no power to fix wrong things. ALL the Power and Glory belongs to GOD. Therefore, Awesome GOD has the exclusive jurisdiction to fix things. Why should you just leave things in Awesome GOD’s Capable Hands and maintain you peace?
- When you are trying to fix things, you worry a lot. You probably even lose your sleep, or eat less, or think too much about something. You ignore important aspects of your life or neglect to do some important things all because you are worried. Last time I checked, worrying fixes nothing. Leave GOD to Handle the rest, after you have done your best.
- When you worry a lot, you hardly praise GOD or smile. And praising GOD is the way to inviting GOD to take over stubborn matters in your life and destroy the things that are taking away your peace (Psalm 149: 1-7). JESUS is the Prince of Peace, and HE brought you Peace (Isaiah 9: 6); nobody or nothing can take it away unless you let them.
- GOD expresses warns you not to worry. Why? You cannot by worrying add a day to your life. The lilies in the fields don’t worry; and yet they are clothed with beauty. The birds of the air don’t worry, yet they are fed on a daily basis (Matthew 6: 26; 28). The analogy is perfect. Because you are a human being, with superior intelligence, and made in GOD’s Image, you tend to think you can fix things and take the glory in the end. Nah. ALL GLORY BELONGS TO GOD (Galatians 1: 5).
- When you worry, you take your matter out of GOD’s Awesomely Capable Hands. GOD is not a fussy Person. The moment you think you can do something without him, rely on the help of another man, or handle things your own way or have a Plan B, you take things out of HIS Capable Hands. And GOD will leave you for a time; HE’s a Faithful Father and GOD. HE wouldn’t want you to get you to get hurt permanently.
- JUST LET GOD HANDLE IT, SO YOU CAN MAINTAIN YOUR PEACE IN HIM.
May the LORD bless the study of HIS Word in JESUS’ Name!
Please, leave a comment below. I want to hear from anybody who reads this post. I am sorry I have been consistent, but I am now makiing a consistent to be consistent and be posting at least five days a week.
GOD bless you all ♥♥♥
AmataDei Ifeoluwa Oluyeju (Love)
© May 2016
Pretoria, South Africa