Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved (KJV).
Good day People of GOD.
Today we shall be looking at the second part of Psalm 55: 22 which says, ‘HE shall never suffer the righteous to be moved’.
Who is the righteous? As a child, I have always wondered what being ‘righteous’ means. Everybody seems to have their definitions of ‘righteous’, including human right groups (lol ☺).
This word appears 307 times in the King Kames version of the Holy Bible. Thus, what does the Bible have to say about righteous people?
- Abraham asked GOD, ‘Wilt Thou indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? (Genesis 18: 16-33)’. One can assume that the righteous refers to anyone who acts according to GOD’s Law and does not do things that are evil. The men in Sodom and Gomorrah were evil, engaged in homosexual activities, and did profane things. GOD wanted to destroy them and wipe evil from the earth (Genesis 18: 20-21; Genesis 19: 3-5; 12-13).
- Psalm 5: 12- ‘Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield (NIV).’ Pretty self-explanatory.
- Psalms 15:2- ‘He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.’ Thus, you can assume that when you walk uprightly or justly, and when you speak the truth, you are righteous.
- Psalms 45:7– ‘Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.’ GOD loves righteousness so it is no surprise that HE will not allow the righteous to be moved.There are too many old testament references to righteousness. Under the New Covenant of CHRIST, there are 104 instances where the word appears in the New Testament of the KJV version of the Bible.
- JESUS said, ‘Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (Matthew 5: 6 KJV).’
- JESUS also said, ‘But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6: 33 KJV).’ Therefore, when you seek the things of the Kingdom of GOD, you are righteous.
- Acts 13:10: ‘And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?’. Thus, when you fear GOD, you are righteous.
- When you are born again and you are born of the Spirit, and you don’t engage in works of the flesh, you are eligible to see GOD’s Kingdom and are righteous (John 3: 1-8). But being ‘born-again’ does not mean just going to church, and going to church is not enough. You must be righteous in words, thoughts and deeds as Romans 1: 29 shows below.
- Romans 1:29: ‘Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them’.
Need I say more? When you do the things above? You are unrighteous. There is the Word of GOD: clear and simple. And when you don’t actually do these things, but you support those who do it, you have sinned and are also unrighteous. Moreover, when you know something is wrong, and you don’t say anything against it when it is in your power to do so, you have sinned and are unrighteous.
So far, I have tried to prove one point: righteousness means a lot to GOD. And there are great rewards for being righteous. One of which is that when you are righteous, GOD gives you stability. HE ensures you are not moved. This is echoed in Psalm 121: 3: ‘He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber’.
Pray to GOD to give you the Grace to be righteous in words, thoughts and deeds. Let the Righteousness of GOD fill your heat so that you can continue to experience HIS Awesome Blessings.
May the LORD bless the study of HIS Word in JESUS’ Name!
Please, leave a comment below. I want to hear from anybody who reads this post. I am sorry I have been consistent, but I am now making a commitment to be consistent and be posting at least five days a week.
GOD bless you all ♥♥♥
AmataDei Ifeoluwa Oluyeju (Love)
© May 2016
Pretoria, South Africa