Good day People of GOD. Happy Wednesday!
Today we will be looking at 1 Peter 2: 6, which tells us that those who trust in JESUS will never be put to shame. I am sorry I did not post an article yesterday. I was a bit under the weather, but I am healed in JESUS’ Name!
6 For in Scripture it says: See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame (NIV).”
Peter in this Scripture was quoting directly from Isaiah 18: 16. In Isaiah 18: 16- 17, Awesome GOD was giving the Israelites an option for peace and stability. The Stone HE referred to is not an ordinary stone. The Stone refers to JESUS HIMSELF. Thus, when you rely on JESUS, you will have a sure foundation, and you will never be stricken with panic. How do you know it is JESUS that GOD is referring to here? –
- In Psalm 118: 22-24, the Psalmist says:
2. In Acts 4; 11-12, Peter by the HOLY SPIRIT tells the rulers, elders, and teachers of the law meeting in Jerusalem:
11Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
What other Scriptures refer to GOD as a ‘Rock’ or ‘Foundation’?
- In Isaiah 26:4, GOD is referred to as the ‘Rock eternal’ or ‘Rock of ages’:
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal (NIV).
Confide ye in Jehovah for ever; for in Jah, Jehovah, is the rock of ages (Darby Bible Translation).
- JESUS says:
Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock (Matthew 7: 24 NIV).
What do all the above Scriptures prove?
- The meaning of relying on the ‘Stone’- JESUS, is trusting HIM, totally relying on HIM, without a back-up plan. This means when you rely on GOD, you should not think that if you don’t get what you want, there is someone else who can help you. GOD sees your heart. When you totally rely on HIM, HE will honour you, because HE honours them that honour HIM (1 Samuel 2: 30).
- When you put your full trust in GOD, you will NEVER be put to shame or disgraced. GOD’s Ears are not deaf, and HIS Arm is not too short to save you or handle that problem in your life (Isaiah 59: 1).
- When you rely on GOD, you have peace in your heart. You do not worry because you know that your hope in GOD would not disappoint you or put you to shame because GOD’s Love has been poured into your heart (Romans 5: 5).
Finally, GOD is the only Person worth relying upon. Man will always disappoint, because nobody is perfect. Other gods or traditional healers always disappoint because they don’t have the power they profess to have. Relying on any of these people puts you on a path to disappointment and ultimately, destruction. This morning, as my family and I were going in the car to work, we were remembering all the ways GOD has been faithful in our lives. There were times that we totally relied on GOD, and what seemed totally impossible became possible. In fact, where we had been rejected, they called us back and welcomed us. We are where we are today because we totally rely on GOD! No man can point to anything in our lives, and say he is responsible. At every point, my dad being a serious Christian and an independent person, has always refused to ask anybody for help. And see, GOD has proven HIMSELF, too Faithful to fail in our lives! My brother or sister, rely on GOD and you will never be disappointed.
May the LORD bless the study of HIS Word in JESUS’ Name!
Please, leave a comment below. I want to hear from anybody who reads this post. I want to hear your views and criticism (I am still learning). I am sorry I have not been consistent, but I am now making a commitment to be consistent and be posting at least five days a week.
Reblog this post, share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Googleplus, or sign-up to have every post delivered to your inbox J♥
GOD bless you all ♥♥♥
AmataDei Ifeoluwa Oluyeju (Love)
© May 2016
Pretoria, South Africa