Good day People of GOD. Happy Sunday everyone 🙂 May this week be productive for you in JESUS’ Name!
Today we will be looking at Isaiah 59: 1-2, which shows that GOD hears your prayers.
‘Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear (Isaiah 59: 1-2 KJV).’
‘This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. (1 John 5: 14 NIV)’. If there is any doubt in your heart regarding whether GOD hears when you pray, I expect such doubt to have died a natural death. Why? GOD hears when you pray! This fact is also echoed in Revelation 5: 8-
‘And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.’
Your prayers go up to GOD in Golden Bowls full on incense. They go up to HIM as a sweet smelling savour! Isaiah 65: 24 also says that, ‘Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.’ GOD says HE hears you before you ask. Thus, GOD indeed hears your prayers! GOD can answer you; HIS Hand is not too short to save! GOD IS ALL YOU NEED. HE created the ear; HE is not deaf! Yet, why do you doubt this? Why do you sometimes think GOD does not or has not heard your prayers?
- The psalmist says, ‘If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me (Psalm 66: 18).’ Yes, there are some people GOD does not listen to. There are some people GOD does not give audience. There are some people that do not have access to the Throne of CHRIST. Why? Because of sin. There, you have it!
- Moreover, if you look closely at the Scriptures mentioned above, there is a qualification regarding GOD hearing prayers. Revelation 5: 8 says that the prayers in the form of incense which the Holy Creatures have in their bowls, are the prayers of GOD’s people. When you study the book of Isaiah 65 referred to above, you will see that the people GOD referred to in verse 24, and whose prayers HE hears before they even ask, are the people who will qualify to be in the New Heaven and the New Earth (Isaiah 65: 17-25).
‘But your iniquities have separated between you and your God…’
Sin separates you from GOD. Sin is what separated man from GOD at the Fall. This is why Adam was kicked out of the Garden (Genesis 3). Moreover, before CHRIST, there was a Holy Curtain in the Temple of GOD that nobody was allowed behind. Only the High Priest once a year could go there, and after he had shed blood for his sins and those of the people (Hebrews 9: 7-8). This veil separated the Holy of Holies from the Holy Place. That was a veil separating GOD from man because of sin. This was not GOD’s Plan in the Beginning (Genesis 2: 15; Genesis 3: 8). At the cross, when JESUS said, ‘It is Finished’, the veil/curtain tore in two (Matthew 27: 51; Luke 23: 45).
Now that you have CHRIST, you have access to GOD’s Throne because JESUS’S Death has purified you and made you a new person. But, if you willingly sin against GOD, do not expect HIM to entertain you or your requests.
Therefore, GOD hears only the prayers of HIS Saints. Proverbs 15: 29 says it well: ‘The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous (NIV).’ It does not get clearer than this. GOD is Holy (Psalm 99: 9), and the earth should tremble before HIM (Psalm 99: 1). GOD cannot abide sin, and HE would not hear the prayer of a sinner or an unrighteous. I’m not trying to sound like those pastors that condemn people to hell. These are facts taken directly from the Bible. More importantly, who is a sinner? A sinner is not just a prostitute, a murderer or whatever. A ‘sinner’ is a person who behaves or does something that is contrary to the Word of GOD, the Bible. A ‘sinner’ is also someone who is not born again. You are righteous when you believe and confess JESUS is LORD (Romans 10: 9), and obey HIS Word (John 14: 15). This is why it is good to ask for forgiveness of sins (we’ve all have sinned and come short of GOD’s Glory- Romans 3: 23), and ask for the HOLY SPIRIT to purify wipe away your sins with the Precious Blood of JESUS, before you pray.
Finally, GOD always hears your prayers. Don’t ever think HE doesn’t. HE is a Loving and Caring Father who will never forsake you, when you trust and seek HIM in faith (Psalm 9: 10)! Moreover, don’t think because GOD did not answer, it means HE did not hear you! If you ask and don’t receive, it is because of either of these reasons:
- You ask based on the wrong motives. You want that thing so that you can boast, have pleasure or something similar. You ask amiss (James 4: 3).
- You ask for the wrong thing. What you are asking for is not GOD’s Will (1 Samuel 16: 6-12).
- It is not GOD’s Appointed Time (Psalm 102: 13).
May the LORD bless the study of HIS Word in JESUS’ Name!
Please, leave a comment below. I want to hear from anybody who reads this post. I want to hear your views and criticism (I am still learning). I am sorry I have not been consistent, but I am now making a commitment to be consistent and be posting at least five days a week.
Reblog this post, share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Googleplus, or sign-up to have every post delivered to your inbox J♥
GOD bless you all ♥♥♥
AmataDei Ifeoluwa Oluyeju (Love)
© May 2016